The Music in the Park series returned to Plain City on Sunday, June 14.
The Dublin Wind Symphony performed at 7 p.m. at Pastime Park gazebo area, 344 N. Chillicothe St. The event also included Flag Day celebration featuring patriotic music and popular favorites.
The concerts, presented by Pastime Music in partnership with the Village of Plain City, are free to the public. Concerts are generally scheduled at 7 p.m. on Sunday evenings during the months of June through September.
The series schedule includes:
• Sunday, July 12, 2015, 7 pm: Lower London Street Dixieland Band. Traditional Dixieland music performed by a popular regional favorite.
• Sunday, July 26, 2015, 7 pm: Chapel Brass. The Salvation Army’s premier brass ensemble led by Dr. Keith Wilkinson.
• Sunday, Aug. 16, 2015, 7 pm: Shrine Big Band Jazz. Dance, Big Band and Swing music.
• Sunday, Aug. 23, 2015, 7 pm: Plain City Concert Band. Debut performance of Plain City’s very own community band.
• Sunday, Aug. 30, 2015, 7 pm: Probono Brass Ensemble
• Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015, 7 pm: Shrine Concert Band.
• Sunday, October 4, 2015, 7 pm: Rain Date. For performances previously cancelled due to weather.
Voluntary contributions to support the Plain City Music In The Park program will be accepted at intermission of each performance.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU