The Plain City Public Library offers programs for all ages.
• The library will host a Mystery Night for teens ages 12 and up at 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 18. Make your way to the library for an annual superhero meeting to discuss the capture of a notorious criminal mastermind known as Da Bomb. Take on the part of a superhero, or take the role of thoughtful observer, as you try to solve this murder mystery. Dinner and snacks will be provided. Attend an informational meeting at 7 p.m. on Thursday, June 4 to find out more. Registration will begin immediately following this meeting. Meeting attendees will get first consideration for character parts. Registration for the Mystery Night is required.
• Registration for the Plain City Public Library’s 2015 Summer Reading Program, Every Hero Has a Story, opens Monday, June 8. The library offers prizes and programs for ages 3 through adult. Kids and teens: visit the library between 1 and 3 p.m. to take part in activities and games, and to receive prizes just for registering for the Summer Reading Program. You’ll also have a chance to win a Fizz Boom Read T-shirt or a ticket for admission to King’s Island. The Summer Reading Program is for kids, teens, and adults.
• The library’s summer session of Storytime, Toddlertime, and Baby Lapsit will begin on June 10.
Storytime is for children ages 3 to 6 years. Children will enjoy stories, rhymes, and singing songs, among other activities. Storytime will begin at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 10. A one-time registration is required for this 7-week program.
Toddlertime is designed for children ages 18 months to 3 years and their caregivers and focuses on introducing you and your child to stories, music, fingerplays, and rhymes. The library currently offers two Toddlertime sessions. Monday Toddlertime will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, June 15. Wednesday Toddlertime will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 10. A one-time registration is required for each of these 7-week sessions.
Baby Lapsit Storytime is for children ages 6-18 months and their caregivers. Infants and caregivers will hear stories, sing songs, and participate in activities. This storytime requires lots of participation from adult caregivers, so get ready to get active. Baby Lapsit Storytime will begin at 11 a.m. on Monday, June 15. A one-time registration is required for this 6-week session.
• The Mark Wood Fun Show is returning to the library at 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 11. This is a 40 minute program designed for children of all ages. Wood uses comedy, magic, juggling and audience participation to produce a super exciting and entertaining show. Children will all receive a balloon animal after the show. No registration is required for this free program.
• Enjoy interactive songs and stories of everyday heroes with folk singer Joanie Calem. This live concert will take place at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 23. This program is appropriate for all ages and no registration is required.
• Stay up-to-date with library news and events by following the library online. The library’s Facebook and Pinterest pages are updated weekly with photos, news, events and program information. Follow the library on Pinterest for staff book recommendations, book club picks, and more. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/PlainCityPublicLibrary and on Pinterest at pinterest.com/plaincitylib.
For more information or to register for any programs call the library at 614-873-4912, ext. 21, e-mail Amanda Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org or go online at www.plaincitylib.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU