The Plain City Public Library offers the following programs:
• Storywalk® will be held from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 10. Enjoy reading and the outdoors at the same time. Stroll down the walking trail at Pastime Park, reading each page of a children’s picture book along the way. No registration is required. The Storywalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, Vt. and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ferguson.
• Preschool Storytime for ages 3-6 years old this summer as well as Reading Readiness Storytime for children entering kindergarten will begin on Monday, June 12.
• Gator Dave’s Safari Adventure will be held Tuesday, June 13. Visit with Gator Dave and his animal ambassadors at the library. This program is being offered at the Plain City Public Library at 4 p.m. and again at Monroe Elementary at 6 p.m. Admission is free at both locations. No registration is required.
• Breakout Game: The Lost Colony will be held at 7 p.m. on Friday, June 16. As a hurricane is approaching, you have 45 minutes to explore Virginia and discover the contents of a mysterious box before it gets washed away. If successful, you may discover a secret or two about the Lost Colony of Roanoke. This program is for those between the ages of 12 and 18. Registration is required.
• Watch as juggler Tom Sparough shares his skill and stories with lots of laughter and audience participation at 2 p.m. on Monday, June 19. All ages. No registration required.
• Cooking Club will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20. At Cooking Club they share recipes, experiences, and a little bit of food, too. No registration required.
• Breakout Game for Adults: Decoding the War will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 22. Help put an end to World War II by decoding messages from the German military. Find clues and solve puzzles to open the box that will help win the war for the Allied Powers. This program is for anyone 15 years of age and older. Registration is required.
• IMAKE will be held from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m. every Wednesday. Drop in and create, invent, and explore with a different hands-on project. Wednesday from 3:15-4:30. No registration required. Upcoming projects include button making, sun prints, and confetti cannons. No registration is required.
• Families are invited to join the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program at the Plain City Public Library. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a nationwide challenge that encourages parents and caregivers to regularly read aloud to their children. By reading just one book a night, families can reach the 1,000-book goal in three years and provide their children essential early literacy skills. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is free and available to all families with children between the ages of birth and five years. Registration is open.
• Stay up-to-date with library news and events by following the library online. The library’s Facebook (facebook.com/PlainCityPublicLibrary) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/plaincitylib) pages are updated weekly with photos, news, events and program information. Thousands of movies, television shows, music albums, eBooks, audiobooks and Comics, are all available for mobile and online access through a new partnership with Hoopla Digital. Card holders can download the free Hoopla Digital mobile app on their Android or IOS device or visit hoopladigital.com.
For more information or to register for any programs call the library at 614-873-4912, ext. 121, email Amanda Warner at email@example.com or visit plaincitylib.org/calendar.
The library is located at 305 W. Main St., Plain City. They are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. They are closed on Sunday.