MARYSVILLE — For the sixth year in a row, Memorial Health (Memorial Hospital and Memorial Gables) was named one of Central Ohio’s “Healthiest Employers” by Columbus Business First at its annual awards ceremony on Tuesday, March 6 in Columbus. Memorial Health’s Wellness Team proudly accepted the third place award in the category of medium-sized businesses.
“Over 20 years ago, we established the Working On Wellness (WOW) program to encourage employees to live a healthy lifestyle and reap the benefits associated with good health,” said Deb Stubbs, Director of the Wellness Center at Memorial Hospital. “It is thrilling to receive this honor for the many progressive year-round activities our team continues to accomplish, thereby helping our employees focus on mind, body, and spirit.”
Stubbs added, “And at Memorial, wellness is not just one department’s charge. Together our organization works on a variety of collaborative projects to create and support a healthy work environment for all team members.” This includes:
• The Memorial Employee Health Department provides free flu shots to all employees.
• Employees and spouses can take advantage of free yearly comprehensive lab panels to track progress or share with a physician.
• The Memorial Wellness Center offers 24-hour access for employees, spouses, and dependents, as well as group exercise classes and personal training.
• The hospital’s tobacco-free campus demonstrates the overall commitment to healthy lifestyle choices. In addition, free tobacco cessation classes are offered to employees and spouses.
• Healthy café offerings are available to employees as well as access to an on-site seasonal Farmer’s Market.
“We recognize that one size does not fit all and we strive to personalize the programming to meet the needs of each member of our workforce,” concluded Stubbs.
The evaluation for recognition involved completion of a survey developed by a private panel of medical, academic, business, wellness, finance, and statistics professionals that uses a proprietary algorithm to rank an organization based on individual responses in comparison to the survey set.
Memorial Health is an independent health system based in Marysville, which consists of Memorial Hospital’s main campus and satellite outpatient locations including Memorial City Gate Medical Center; Memorial Hospital Outpatient Surgery Center; Memorial Gables — a skilled nursing facility; Memorial Medical Group — a network of 26 physicians and mid-level providers with office locations throughout Marysville, Plain City, Richwood, and Urbana; and the Memorial Health Foundation. To learn more, visit memorialohio.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU