The Plain City Public Library offers the following programs:
• Visit the library at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 25 for an interactive Halloween Storytime featuring stories, rhymes, songs, dancing, and parachute play. Ages 6 and under and their families. Costumes are encouraged but not required. This is a one-time session. No registration is required.
• Visit the library at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 29 for Star Wars fun for the whole family. Take a photo in the Star Wars photo booth. Come dressed as your favorite Star Wars character, tackle Star Wars trivia, and participate in a scavenger hunt for chances to win your own BB-8 stand-up. And stay for a showing of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” (PG) at 2 p.m. and to check out the library’s collection of Star Wars books. No registration is required for this free program.
• Looking for some new ideas for winter meals? The Cooking Club is for you. This winter, they will focus on the slow cooker and different kinds of meals you can make in one. Come with questions, ideas and an appetite at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 1. No registration is required.
• All are welcome for a viewing of vintage Buckeye memorabilia from the “Chic Harley” era at the Ohio State University at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 3. No registration is required for this free program.
• Families are invited to join the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program at the Plain City Public Library. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a nationwide challenge that encourages parents and caregivers to regularly read aloud to their children. By reading just one book a night, families can reach the 1,000-book goal in three years and provide their children essential early literacy skills. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is free and available to all families with children between the ages of birth and five years. Registration is open.
• Thousands of movies, television shows, music albums, eBooks, audiobooks and Comics, are all available for mobile and online access through a new partnership with Hoopla Digital. Card holders can download the free Hoopla Digital mobile app on their Android or IOS device or visit hoopladigital.com to begin enjoying thousands of titles from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers available to borrow 24/7, for instant streaming or temporary downloading to their smartphones, tablets and computers.
With Hoopla Digital, patrons can borrow, instantly stream and download free dynamic content with a valid library card. All content is accessible via Hoopla Digital’s mobile app. Get started by visiting plaincitylib.org and clicking the Hoopla Digital icon.
• Stay up-to-date with library news and events by following the library online. The library’s Facebook and Pinterest pages are updated weekly with photos, news, events and program information. Follow the library on Pinterest for staff book recommendations, book club picks, and more. Find the library on Facebook at facebook.com/PlainCityPublicLibrary and on Pinterest at pinterest.com/plaincitylib.
For more information or to register for any programs call the library at 614-873-4912, ext. 121 or go online at www.plaincitylib.org.
The library is located at 305 W. Main St., Plain City. They are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. They are closed on Sunday.