The Plain City Public Library offers the following programs:
• The Friends of the Plain City Public Library are hosting a book sale in the library’s large meeting room. The book sale will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 27 during the library’s regular hours of operation. Proceeds go to benefit the Friends of the Plain City Public Library who support library programming and improvements.
• The library will be closed on Monday, May 29 to observe Memorial Day.
• Preschool Storytime for ages 3-6 years old this summer as well as Reading Readiness Storytime for children entering kindergarten in the fall registration will begin on Tuesday, May 30. The summer session will begin on Monday, June 12.
• Summer Reading Kickoff Party will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. on Monday, June 5. The Summer Reading Kickoff Party will feature fun games, refreshments, and giveaways. Kids and teens who register on Kickoff Day between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. will also receive a special registration bag filled with goodies. No registration required.
• Pajama Storytime will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6. Read stories, sing songs, and play with the parachute at this fun storytime for kids ages 6 and under and their families. Don’t forget to wear your pajamas. No registration is required.
• COSI: Gadgets-To-Go Workshop will be held at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 7. Explore energy, construct roller coasters, program real robots, construct circuits to make music, and even design, build, test, and redesign to create a recycled floating contraption in a five-foot-tall wind tube. For children ages 7-12. Registration is required.
• Dance and Sing with Miss Marlene will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 8. A high-energy show with lots of audience participation, surprises and laughter that will get your little one dancing and singing. No registration required.
• Virtual Reality Demo will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 8. Curious about virtual reality? See the equipment and give it a try at the library. Staff will be on hand to help you navigate through a variety of virtual reality mediums, including demonstrations on HTC Vive, Freefly VR and Google Cardboard. No prior knowledge of computers or gadgets is required. This equipment was made possible thanks to a grant from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), awarded by the State Library of Ohio. No registration required.
• Storywalk® will be held from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 10. Enjoy reading and the outdoors at the same time. Stroll down the walking trail at Pastime Park, reading each page of a children’s picture book along the way. No registration is required. The Storywalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, Vt. and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ferguson.
• IMAKE will be held from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m. every Wednesday. Drop in and create, invent, and explore with a different hands-on project. Wednesday from 3:15-4:30. No registration required. Future projects include Glow-in-the-Dark Chalk, LEGO WeDo Robots, and Geometric Bubbles. For project schedule, visit plaincitylib.org/imake.
• Families are invited to join the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program at the Plain City Public Library. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a nationwide challenge that encourages parents and caregivers to regularly read aloud to their children. By reading just one book a night, families can reach the 1,000-book goal in three years and provide their children essential early literacy skills. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is free and available to all families with children between the ages of birth and five years. Registration is open.
• Stay up-to-date with library news and events by following the library online. The library’s Facebook (facebook.com/PlainCityPublicLibrary) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/plaincitylib) pages are updated weekly with photos, news, events and program information. Thousands of movies, television shows, music albums, eBooks, audiobooks and Comics, are all available for mobile and online access through a new partnership with Hoopla Digital. Card holders can download the free Hoopla Digital mobile app on their Android or IOS device or visit hoopladigital.com.
For more information or to register for any programs call the library at 614-873-4912, ext. 121, email Amanda Warner at email@example.com or visit plaincitylib.org/calendar.
The library is located at 305 W. Main St., Plain City. They are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. They are closed on Sunday.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU