The Plain City Public Library offers the following programs:
• IMAKE will be held from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m. every Wednesday. Drop in and create, invent, and explore with a different hands-on project. Wednesday from 3:15-4:30. No registration required. Future projects include Glow-in-the-Dark Chalk, LEGO WeDo Robots, and Geometric Bubbles. For project schedule, visit plaincitylib.org/imake.
• Bring all of your little ones to one storytime. Join the library for books, rhymes, fingerplays and more at 10:30 a.m. on on Monday, May 22. Storytime is for ages 6 and under and no registration is required.
• The Friends of the Plain City Public Library are hosting a book sale in the library’s large meeting room. The book sale will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 20 and continue through May 27 during the library’s regular hours of operation. Proceeds go to benefit the Friends of the Plain City Public Library who support library programming and improvements.
• The library will be closed on Monday, May 29 to observe Memorial Day.
• Preschool Storytime for ages 3-6 years old this summer as well as Reading Readiness Storytime for children entering kindergarten in the fall registration will begin on Tuesday, May 30. The summer session will begin on Monday, June 12.
• Families are invited to join the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program at the Plain City Public Library. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a nationwide challenge that encourages parents and caregivers to regularly read aloud to their children. By reading just one book a night, families can reach the 1,000-book goal in three years and provide their children essential early literacy skills. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is free and available to all families with children between the ages of birth and five years. Registration is open.
• Stay up-to-date with library news and events by following the library online. The library’s Facebook (facebook.com/PlainCityPublicLibrary) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/plaincitylib) pages are updated weekly with photos, news, events and program information. Thousands of movies, television shows, music albums, eBooks, audiobooks and Comics, are all available for mobile and online access through a new partnership with Hoopla Digital. Card holders can download the free Hoopla Digital mobile app on their Android or IOS device or visit hoopladigital.com.
For more information or to register for any programs call the library at 614-873-4912, ext. 121, email Amanda Warner at email@example.com or visit plaincitylib.org/calendar.
The library is located at 305 W. Main St., Plain City. They are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. They are closed on Sunday.